Although, commencement of your own online website your business can be a very thrilling procedure, but still some people make irrelevant errors by estimating it an easy and quick thing to do.
In fact, there are various aspects to be considered such as balancing your budget, getting an effective and encouraging website which promotes your sales online, knowing your proposed market, building confidence and retaining the website in itself.
Before starting the project you should understand everything about your business. Like, what your business actually is, what products and services you offer, what your brand is, what your selling price breakup is, what is your logo and colors and patterns in it and so on.
Also, you must be clear in your mind what objectives you want to achieve for your business from your website. Having a clear and crystal picture of your business will save time for your web designer as he/she can make the website for you in quick time which will ultimately save you money.
After understanding your business and its requirements you want to achieve from the website, you must search the internet for a qualified web designer. Although, it can be quite daunting process, but this is very essential for the fact that a specialized web designer is the best way to perfect your branding, enhance your conversion rates and acquire attention.
To evaluate a web designer, there are few things you should consider and ask yourself:
• Does the designer have the skill to work with the websites which have similar features as desired by you?
• Does the designer regularly make a clean and sensitive searching?
• Did the websites in the designer’s portfolio still use the design?
• Does the designer need to do branding work and are they experienced enough with branding?
• Is the designer qualified to work on your conversion rates?
• Can the designer offer testimonials/referrals which can be easy get in touch with?
When asking the above mentioned questions yourself, do not forget to consider what you desire your website to achieve as an efficient website is more than just an appealing picture.
After satisfying with the aforesaid aspects, there are few more things you must consider in order to guarantee a successful project and to get significant results.
You may hire a great designer, but always keep in mind that a good website is unique and gets all the results like sales, traffic and subscribers in numbers.
Finally, to get a qualified designer to get you the desired results, here are few questions you can ask from the designer before hiring them:
• Do you get business outcomes for clients?
• What are your charges for the web design? • How much time will you spend on planning and research?
• Will you create a demo site before designing the website?
• Will you create user-friendly websites?
• Will you do market study before creating the web designs?
• Will you do practical study?
• Will you offer conversion and usability testing?
• Will you evaluate my current traffic before making the final design?
• How will your design help me to achieve my business goals?
Having said all this, no one can deny that a specialized website design signifies a considerable investment. Hence, before finalizing any designer, you must do some research and communicate with the proposed designer verbally as well as visually and don’t hesitate to progress until you find the suitable designer for you as acting in hurry can cost time and money in long run.
About the author:
Gazal Bansal, is the CEO of Third Eye Designers, a web design and digital marketing firm in Brampton, helping small businesses increase traffic to their website through SEO & social media and converting them into proposed sales. You may follow her at Facebook & can be found on Twitter at @ThirdEyeToronto